WHAT YOU NEED:
- A glass jar
- Masking tape
- Chalkboard paint (better if you use spray paint, it works on every surface)
- A white chalk
- Choose a cute glass jar and wash it to make sure the surface is smooth. (I like the square shape of the one I got for half a dollar!)
- With the masking tape, delimit the area you want to paint. Cover the rest with a plastic bag and tape it to avoid paint mess.
- For next step, you need a place where you can spray paint or old sheets to cover the floor. (I used an old cardboard box and went outside. Spray paint can make a real mess!) Spray thin coats of paint on the jar and let dry between each coat. You might use 4 or 5 coats, or until it is opaque.
- Once you are satisfied with the amount of paint, let dry for a whole day.
- Take the masking tape off gently.
- Rub a chalk all over the chalkboard area and wipe it off after.
- Decorate it with ribbons, and take your nicest handwriting !
Enjoy your handcraft time !